Welcome to ButcherSA!
Your News and Information portal to the Abattoir, Butchery, Meat Processing and Deli Industries
This site, with its regular newsletters dedicated to the Abattoir, Butchery, Meat Processing and Deli industries brings you:
- The latest news and developments from South Africa and the world.
- Updates and new innovations in equipment, ingredients and solutions, so that you stay a step ahead
- Local and International events and happenings, so that you stay informed
- An updated list of suppliers to the industry, so you know who’s who
- A regular newsletter updating you on all of this, conveniently delivered to your inbox
- A platform to use to showcase your company, brands, products and/or services
Latest Local News
Easter Made Easy with GLAD
Easter is a time for cooking, feasting and celebrating with friends and family. Let GLAD help make the holidays a little easier with their handy product range and creative tips for Easter fun and festivities!
Clean like a Hero with Chux Superwipes
The Chux® brand is growing in popularity in South Africa and will surely become the heroes in your home. Chux® offers an extensive range of quality cleaning accessories to help you tackle any cleaning challenge. Put them to the test, because Chux® helps make the big chores smaller, when you need all the help you can get.
Serco Keeping It Fresh with Insulated Panel Van
Frut – a Cape Town-based company dealing in fruit products, juices, dry ingredients and frozen products – has had the interior of a panel van which they use for deliveries fully insulated by Serco.
Solar power for Serco’s Durban factory
A total of 1029 solar power panels have been installed on the roof of truck and trailer building company Serco’s Durban factory and offices allowing the premises to be off the grid during the day.
Bizerba Technology & Innovation Event
Bizerba Technology & Innovation Event
12 – 14 November 2019
Latest International News
New Ink Added To LINX Range
Linx Printing Technologies has introduced an ink specially formulated to resist moisture, colour change and transference. It is ideal for consistent coding through pouch and can retort applications where the contents are cooked in the packaging after they are coded.
Advanced Technology Enhances ISHIDA Mid-Range Weighers
Ishida Europe has launched an enhanced version of its top-selling mid-range multihead weighers that offers even greater levels of performance in the fast and accurate weighing of a wide variety of dry, frozen and sticky products.
Ovens with artificial intelligence identify exact quantity of food being loaded
Operators will soon be loading trays full of food into ovens without having to press a single button thanks to the use of artificial intelligence.
USDA Modernizes Swine Slaughter Inspection for the First Time in Over 50 Years
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) today announced a final rule to modernize swine slaughter inspection and bring it into the 21st century. For the first time in more than five decades, the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is modernizing inspection at market hog slaughter establishments with a goal of protecting public health while allowing for food safety innovations.
Impossible Burger Becomes NO. 1 Item Sold At Grocery Stores
• After its highly anticipated retail debut, Impossible Burger remains the No. 1 item sold at grocery stores on the East and West coasts
• Award-winning, plant-based meat from Impossible Foods outsold all ground beef from cows; Impossible Burger outsold the next most popular single product by more than 6X in Southern California
• Impossible Burger will debut in additional retail outlets as the food tech startup increases production and beefs up its sales team — starting with tech industry veteran Dan Greene, who joins today as new SVP of US Sales
Testo South Africa is a subsidiary of Testo SE & Co. KGaA with its headquarters in Germany. Testo is a world market leader in the field of portable and stationary measurement solutions with a strong focus on digital quality management software for the food and pharmaceutical industries.
Operating for over 25 years, Ecowize has grown to become an industry leader in the South African market as well as abroad.
Specializing in high performance, high compliance cleaning solutions covering any and all aspects of hygiene from food safety and biosecurity, bringing you what you need from farm to fork..
AGQPE is a specialist supplier of MAP packaging, sealing film and packaging machines. AGQPE specializes in extending shelf-life of packed meat.
MIMA has been around since 1995 and is still going strong. Since then we have been supplying the food industry with everything that is needed in the processing of meat products.
FACTS Food & Allergy Consulting and Testing Services
FACTS offer members of the food and allied industries great depth and breadth of knowledge within one company. We are an authentic, multidisciplinary and connected team of experts, with medical, food science, dietetic, genetic and commercial knowledge.