Coconut Mango Chicken
Tropical flavours are captured in this easy-to-prepare recipe.
4 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
10 ml black pepper
398 ml canned coconut milk
30 ml curry paste
1 large mango, peeled and sliced
30 ml lemon grass, minced
30 ml lime peel, grated
30 ml fresh lime juice
30 ml vegetable oil
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten slightly with the flat edge of a meat mallet.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Place chicken breasts on work surface, smooth side down.
- Season chicken breasts with pepper.
- Place mango slices on top of chicken breasts.
- Roll chicken breasts around mango slices. Secure with wooden picks.
- Combine coconut milk, curry paste, lemon grass, lime peel and lime juice in a shallow bowl.
- Add chicken to bowl, and coat with marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on a baking sheet. Reserve marinade.
- Brush chicken with oil.
- Roast on top oven rack for 10 minutes, until chicken is lightly browned. Brush frequently with oil.
- Pour reserved marinade into a skillet.
- Over medium-high heat, boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain sauce and return to skillet. Keep warm.
Serve chicken accompanied by sauce.